Description: The Suntastic Sunflower is a vibrant and captivating annual plant that commands attention with its stunning display of golden blooms. As the 2014 All-America Selections (AAS) Bedding Plant Winner, it stands as a testament to its outstanding qualities and garden performance.
- Golden Blooms: Suntastic Sunflowers boast brilliant golden-yellow petals that radiate warmth and cheerfulness throughout the garden.
- Compact Growth: This variety exhibits a compact growth habit, making it ideal for containers, borders, and small garden spaces.
- Continuous Blooming: Enjoy a season-long spectacle of blooms, as Suntastic Sunflowers continuously produce flowers from early summer to fall.
- Low Maintenance: Easy to grow and maintain, requiring minimal care while providing maximum visual impact.
- Pollinator Magnet: Its large, pollen-rich flowers attract bees, butterflies, and other pollinators, enhancing biodiversity in the garden.
- Sunlight: Plant Suntastic Sunflowers in a location that receives full sun exposure for optimal growth and blooming.
- Soil: Ensure well-draining soil with good fertility for healthy root development and vigorous growth.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water deeply during dry spells to promote strong root systems.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced fertilizer periodically throughout the growing season to encourage robust foliage and abundant blooms.
- Support: While Suntastic Sunflowers have a compact habit, taller varieties may benefit from stakes or supports to prevent lodging in windy conditions.
- Deadheading: Remove spent blooms regularly to prolong flowering and encourage continuous blooming throughout the season.
Height: 18-24 inches Spread: 12-18 inches Seeds: 10 seeds per Pkt
- Indoor Sowing: Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before the last frost date. Plant seeds in individual pots or seed trays filled with a quality seed starting mix. Keep the soil consistently moist and provide adequate light.
- Outdoor Sowing: Directly sow seeds outdoors after the danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed. Plant seeds ½ inch deep and space them 12-18 inches apart in well-prepared soil.
- Germination: Seeds typically germinate within 7-14 days when provided with warm soil and adequate moisture.